Instructions for the Application of Self Tanner
Follow these tips for a perfect at-home tan.
- First you need to exfoliate your face and body. You can use scrub, body polish, or sponge. This will remove dry rough skin and you will be able apply your tanner evenly.
- Always wear gloves when applying tanner.
- Use circular motions or you can use an inexpensive foam paintbrush.
- Finish one area before you move onto another.
- Apply self tanner in moderation on feet, dry knees and elbows.
- At the end, remove gloves and put tanner on the back of one hand. Then rub it with the back of your other hand.
- Wait until the tanner is absorbed.
- Add another thin layer if you want deeper color.
- Don’t apply lotions or creams for about 2 hours.
- A fake tan lasts about 5 to ten days. To keep it longer – apply moisturizer and re-use self-tanner.