There are thousands of anti-aging products available, but do any of them really remove fine lines and wrinkles. Do they give women the more youthful appearance?
Good Housekeeping performed the first – and largest – scientific study comparing products making anti-aging claims in a dozen categories.
The scientists at the Good Housekeeping Research Institute evaluated 90 products in 12 categories, conducting 3,000 lab tests and 5,600 before and after photos on 820 volunteers, ages 35 and older, over the course of 18 months.
The 14 winning treatments and 12 honorable mentions received the highest rankings in lab and consumer tests and will offer readers guidance to make the smartest investments in products that actually work.
Good Housekeeping’s 2010 Anti-Aging Award Winners are:
Best Facial Moisturizer with SPF 15+:
- Chanel Ultra Correction Lift Lifting Firming Day Cream SPF 15: $150
Best Eye Cream:
- Olay Pro-X Eye Restoration Complex: $42
Best Night Cream (tie):
- L’Oréal Paris Advanced RevitaLift Deep-Set Wrinkle Repair Night Creme: $20
- Vichy Lift-Activ Retinol HA Night: $42
Best Anti-Aging Serum:
- Boots No7 Protect & Perfect Intense Beauty Serum: $23
Best Body Lotion:
- Fresh Sugar Açai Age-Delay Body Cream: $65
Best Hand Cream with SPF 15+:
- Dior Capture Totale Multi-Perfection Hand Repair Creme SPF 15: $56
Best Instant Wrinkle Smoother (tie):
- Boots No7 Intensive Line Filler: $18
- Olay Regenerist Filling + Sealing Wrinkle Treatment: $19
Best At-Home Peel:
- Boots No7 Advanced Renewal Anti-ageing Glycolic Peel Kit: $25
Best Facial Firmer:
- Peter Thomas Roth Firmx Growth Factor Extreme Neuropeptide Serum: $150
Best Age-Spot Fader:
- Roc Multi Correxion Tone Perfecting Treatment: $13.80
Best Instant Redness Reducer:
- Clinique Redness Solutions Instant Relief Mineral Powder: $32.50
Best Body Sunscreen with SPF 30+:
- Banana Boat Ultra Defense SPF 50 Lotion: $10
For the complete results of Good Housekeeping’s Anti-Aging Awards, including the 12 honorable mentions, visit www.goodhousekeeping.com/antiagingtips.